2. User needs are met
2.1 "Baidu Search Web Title Specification" - Severely punish cheating on webpage title
In September 2017, Baidu search released the Qingfeng algorithm, which severely punished websites cheating users through webpage titles, deceiving users and obtaining clicks; thus ensuring the search user experience and promoting the healthy development of the search ecology.
In November 2018, Baidu Search released the "Baidu Search Web Title Specification" for cheating on webpage titles, which set strict specifications and requirements for webpage titles in the search ecosystem.Sites that do not conform to the "Baidu Search Web Title Specifications" will be covered by Qingfeng Algorithm 11 and will be subject to limited search display processing.
"Baidu Search Web Title Specification"
1. The principle of the title
• The website should ensure that each page under the site has a designated title, and different pages on the same site should use different titles;
• Page titles should accurately summarize page content and avoid vague and irrelevant descriptions;
• Page titles should be concise and to the point, avoid lengthy titles and avoid keyword stuffing;
• The page title symbols are used correctly. It is recommended to refer to Baidu's suggested usage of title symbols (for details, please refer to the "3.2 Title Symbols" section below)
2. Types of headings that are not allowed
When the title has the following bad problems, the corresponding search result display restrictions will be imposed on such results.
2.1 The title content is false
Refers to the situation that the title does not match the content of the web page and deceives the user to click.
Type 1: Fake official website
Refers to an unofficial website, but the title is expressed as an official website.
Question example 12: Negative case of unofficial website but titled official website
Type 2: Unable to meet user needs
For example: the title indicates that the novel txt can be downloaded or read online, but the page does not provide download services or induce users to download the APP; or the title indicates that Baidu Cloud downloads and supports online viewing, but the page cannot be downloaded or viewed online. .
Question example 13: The title indicates that the novel can be downloaded, but the negative case on the page that induces the download of the APP
Type 3: The title statement is partially false
For example, the title of a webpage indicates that there is a university ranking in Jiangsu, but the page only has a list of universities, and there is no ranking-related content.
2.2 Repeated and stacked titles
Refers to the situation in which a website obtains improper traffic by means such as excessive repetition or stacking of page titles.
Type 1: Excessive repetition of title keywords
Type 2: A large number of keyword tags with similar semantics are piled up in the title
Question Example 14: Negative Cases of Title Stuffing Keywords
3. Quality Page Title Suggestions
A high-quality webpage title can not only clearly express the main purpose of the webpage, but also provide effective guidance to search users and attract target users to click.For titles that meet high-quality standards, Baidu will give more preferential treatment.
3.1 Composition of the title
Baidu page titles can be summarized in the format of "core words + modifiers", with no more than 3 modifiers recommended.
3.2 Symbols for headings
4. Baidu title rewriting mechanism
In order to ensure the experience of search users, Baidu Search will rewrite some page titles that are easy to mislead users, including but not limited to the following situations:
For over-optimized site homepages such as title piling, Baidu Search will directly rewrite the over-optimized title into the site name or company name;
For some pages with ambiguous meanings, Baidu Search will extract the key information of the page from the page and supplement it in the title to ensure that users can obtain effective information in a timely manner.
An example of rewriting for title stuffing:
For more information about Qingfeng Algorithm 1.0, please refer to:
2018.11.14 Baidu search webpage title specification
2017.9.14 [Official statement] Baidu launches Qingfeng algorithm to severely punish cheating in webpage titles
2.2 Qingfeng Algorithm 3.0 - Standardize the behavior of cheating download and bundled download in the download industry
In October 2018, Baidu Search released the "Baidu Search Download Station Quality Specification", which strictly requires and controls the site behavior of download stations within the Baidu search range.Download sites that do not meet this specification will be covered by Qingfeng Algorithm 10, which is limited by search display.
"Baidu Download Station Quality Specification"
1. Summary of quality specifications for download sites
The download site shall abide by the following principles and insist on providing users with high-quality, effective and safe download services:
① Ensure the security of the software, without malicious behaviors such as hanging horses and stealing user privacy;
②There is no "Ligui download" behavior, the software downloaded through the ordinary download/local download portal must be the target software described in the download button text;
③There should be no inducement advertisements similar to the download button on the download page;
④ Safe download/high-speed download is allowed, but there must be a clear explanation on the page.
2. Download station quality specification description
2.1 Quality Specifications for PC-side Download Stations
Figure: PC download site page
a section. Local download:
The security of the downloaded software should be guaranteed, and there are no problems such as hanging horses and stealing user privacy;
After the local download/normal download is clicked, the effect must be to directly download the target software, and there must be no "Li Gui download" problem that the download content does not match the description;
Section b. High-speed download:
If there is a high-speed download, the user needs to be clearly informed on the page of the difference between it and the local download (as shown in area a in the above figure). For example, the actual effect is to download the high-speed downloader first, and then download the target software in the high-speed downloader ( As shown in area b in the above figure);
Section c. Induced advertising:
Induced advertisements similar to the download button cannot exist on the download page, and the situation shown in area c in the above figure is not allowed.
2.2 Specification of high-speed downloader
Description: This specification is aimed at the situation where the user downloads the target software through the high-speed downloader after downloading the high-speed downloader on the PC page.
Figure: The interface after the user downloads the high-speed downloader and opens it
①The recommended software is checked by default before downloading is allowed (as shown in the red box area in the figure above), but the user can uncheck it according to actual needs. After unchecking, the recommended software can no longer be bundled and downloaded;
②The software recommended to download cannot be illegal software such as pornography and gambling;
2.3 Quality Specifications for Mobile Download Stations
Figure: Mobile download interface
① Guarantee the security of the downloaded software, and there are no problems such as hanging a horse and stealing user privacy;
②After the download is clicked, the effect must be to directly download the target software, and there should be no "Li Gui download" phenomenon;
③The download needs to have a clear description, and inform the user on the page, as shown in the figure above, that the actual effect is to download an application market first, and then download the target software in the application market. This method is more secure, etc.;
④The default check is allowed, and high-speed download is given priority, but the user can cancel the check according to the actual situation, directly enter the normal download, and download the target software.
For more information about Qingfeng Algorithm 3.0, please refer to:
2018.10.16 Baidu search launched Qingfeng Algorithm 3.0 to standardize the download industry ecology
2018.10.11 Baidu Search and Download Station Quality Specification
2018.4.19 Baidu Search will launch Qingfeng Algorithm 2.0 to crack down on deceptive downloads
2.3 Fight against false and fraudulent illegal information
In order to maintain a safe and healthy search ecology and protect the legitimate rights and interests of search users, in February 2019, Baidu Search released the "Announcement on Baidu Search Severely Crackdown on False Fraud and Other Illegal and Illegal Information" to combat false fraud, illegal transactions, Illegal and illegal information such as pornography, gambling, drugs, etc.
The illegal information cracked down by Baidu Search includes but is not limited to the following:
1. False and fraudulent information:
(1) Counterfeiting government/enterprise official websites, forging government/enterprise contact information, etc., or maliciously spreading relevant false information;
(2) Selling or spreading fraud-related books, tactics, and tools, and publicizing improper means of profit;
2. Information on illegal transactions:
(1) Forged documents: such as forged driver's licenses, ID cards, marriage certificates, bank cards, etc.;
(2) Malicious cash-out transactions: such as Huabei cash-out, Baitiao cash-out, etc.;
(3) Academic misconduct: such as issuing papers, writing papers, etc.;
(4) Private detective: does not comply with national laws, maliciously explores the privacy of others, violates the privacy rights of others, etc.;
(5) Illegal loans: unsecured loans, unsecured loans, naked loans, etc. without government approval;
(6) Illegal software: maliciously provide cheating tools such as software cracked versions, game plug-ins, and likes/powders;
(7) Illegal part-time online earning: publishing fraudulent part-time or illegal gray online earning information such as swiping orders, typing, etc., resulting in damage to the property of network users;
3. Yellow gambling and drug information:
(1) maliciously disseminate pornographic and obscene content or marginal information;
(2) Malicious dissemination of non-state-approved lottery information to guide the public to gamble, such as time lottery, etc.;
(3) Malicious dissemination of illegal content such as gambling WeChat groups, gambling tools, and gathering places for gambling.
For more information on fighting fake scams, please refer to:
2019.2.27 Announcement on Baidu Search Severely Crackdown on False Fraud and Other Illegal and Illegal Information
2.4 Trade Wind Algorithm - Controlling Page Turning Induction
In May 2019, Baidu search released a trade wind algorithm to combat the behavior of websites using page-turning keys to induce users.
The trade wind algorithm is mainly for the following situations:
When the user clicks the page key, they will automatically jump to other channel pages of the website (such as catalog pages, off-site advertising pages, etc.).
Question example 15: On the mobile terminal, the user clicks "Next" to directly jump to the channel directory page on the site
Problem example 16: On the PC side, the user clicks "Next" to directly jump to the channel directory page on the site
For such issues, we recommend:
1. Do not place false page turning keys.If you want to get more users to browse and click, you can recommend relevant high-quality content for users after the text ends to attract users to click.
2. Respect the user's browsing experience and avoid deliberately splitting a short article into multiple pages.
For more information on the trade wind algorithm, please refer to:
2019.5.22 Put an end to page-turning induced behavior, Baidu search trade wind algorithm will be launched soon